Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I am glad I got to teach my kids this wehile I am at home working with them

So Glad that I have not raised my kids to expect to be waited on hand and foot and expect me to cater to their every whim, expectation, and schedule. They know that we are a team and a family unit and they each understand that attention gets spread to them equally and there is no set schedule for anyone. If they misbehave they actually get disciplined and not everyone gets a trophy all the time just for being on a team, they have to contribute, they have to work hard and not have life handed to them. I am afraid of a world ruled and run by a new generation of children that were not spanked or disciplined and expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter and expect everyone to run their lives around them and their schedule. I see so many kids that get completely traumatized from change.......one slight change in the wind and they freak out. Mine do not, they role with the punches of life and have a great time no matter what...we make the best of things, especially change...it happens and life goes on.

No comments: